Posted by administrator on 01 Oct 2016 16:04:55
This position is accountable for: directing EHS activities at his/her location; establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of local regulatory requirements, and; maintaining site ISO/OHSAS certifications; managing interfaces with the governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site.
Essential Responsibilities 1. Performed duty as Fire Safety Manager as mention in Fire Safety (Fire Safety Managers) Regulations.
2. Manage and Enhance Site Fire safety program and maintenance program for all fire safety equipment.
3. Managing Site security requirement and badging process.
4. Always enhance the capabilities of CERT and First Aid Team ensures preparedness.
5. Be accountable for the implementation of EHS programs and procedures to ensure company compliance to local and GE requirement.
6. Drive facility readiness for internal and external audits, customer visits and project reviews by managing EHS procedural compliance, training, compliance programs and housekeeping.
7. Assure all regulatory required permits, licenses, reports and submittals are filed on time and accurately.
8. Assist in driving site EHS program.
9. Own and administer the site’s GenSuite compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems, including: EHS management systems, audits, training documentation, waste management, I&I (Injury & Illness) recordkeeping, and accident investigation, etc.
10. Manage site safety committee as per regulation and focused on EHS program development.
11. Participate in leadership events and injury investigations, including OSHA injury and Illness case management with determination of recordability.
12. Interface with medical case management, worker compensation and occupational medical clinic organizations as required.
13. Manage the handling and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes in compliance with local regulatory and GE requirements.
14. Maintain appropriate waste profiles for all waste streams via GE Corporate approved vendors.
15. Manage and provide guidance to EHS Contractor Safety program and initiatives.
16. Plan quarterly drill and enhance emergency response preparedness.
Qualifications/Requirements 1. Minimum Diploma in Environmental, safety and health discipline.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in EHS and in a manufacturing environment.
3. Minimum 2 years’ experience as safety officer or Fire Safety Manager.
4. Registered FSM under SCDF. (Singapore Civil Defense Force)
5. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated facilitation experience.
Desired Characteristics 1. Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
2. Ensure effective working relationships with operations staff and other EHS staff to leverage best practices, and outreach to government agencies.
3. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
4. Demonstrated commitment for process improvement with results.
5. Willing to accept challenges and stretch assignments as needs arise.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Simply Safety we conduct courses in Singapore, training in Singapore. We do WSQ courses and lifelong learning. We do all safety courses in Singapore from construction safety course, Oil Gas Safety Course, Process Safety Course, Confined Space Safety Course to other occupational health & safety courses and in workplace safety. We are a Singapore Workplace Safety Health Environmental Training Provider providing Nebosh. We do Nebosh IGC, IOSH, IOSH MS, Accident Investigation, Work At Height, Work in Confined Space, Lifting Operation, Lifting Safety, Rigging, Banksman, Emergency Preparedness and Procedures, Control and Handling Hazardous Substances, Risk Management, Risk Assessment, Permit To Work System, WSH Management System, Safety Management System, Leadership Training, Consultation, Training Needs Analysis. We also develop MOM ATP Course materials, or customised Course Development. We do behavior based safety,BBS,behavior-based safety, behavior-based safety, behavioral psychology, oil & gas training, nebosh general certificate. We conduct NEBOSH in Indonesia, Johor Bahru JB Malaysia, Korea. We provide Training, Consulting in Shanghai, China, Qatar, Doha, Saudi Arabia. We do BBSO, BBS, Leadership Safety, Safety Coaching, HSE Coaching, Cert IV, Train the Trainer
To find out more about Cert IV TAE
For more information on HSE Coach Courses
For more information on FPSO courses http://www.simplysafety.com.sg/simplysafety/ogsc_fpso_oil_rig_safety_assessor
For more information on NEBOSH Courses
For more information on IOSH Managing Safely
For more information on internationally recognised safety training
Simply Safety is a Singapore international center for Safety, Health and Environmental training. We conduct courses accredited by NEBOSH and other courses such as OGSC FPSO Courses, WDA courses, MOM Accredited Courses, Australian Cert IV (Australian ACTA),online international certificate courses as well as a range of short courses designed to meet specific industry needs.
For more information about NEBOSH IGC, please visit our NEBOSH IGC page. You may also reach us at email@example.com or visit us at www.simplysafety.com.sg