Safe Management Officer Course for Construction
Simply Safety conducts the Safe Management Officer Course for other industries.
You can also register for free at the www.safemanagementmeasures.com for all your digitalisation of safe management checklists, forms, appointment letters etc.
For your actions if you are in construction then Simply Safety does NOT do this course for construction. This information is to help Safe Management Officers in Construction Industry
If you are in construction industry you should attend BCA course.
As part of the Building Construction Authority's (BCA’s) Covid-Safe Worksite Restart criteria, builders would need to establish and implement a system on Safe Management Measures (SMM)s to provide a safe working environment and minimise risks of further outbreaks.
Builders would also need to appoint Safe Management Officers (SMO)s and Safe Distancing Officers (SDO)s as per the Restart criteria.
This Safe Management Officer Course is designed for the appointed SMOs and SDOs to perform their duties more effectively.
OBJECTIVES of the Safe Management Officer Course
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Establish and implement a system of Safe Management Measures SMMs to provide a safe working environment and minimise risks of further outbreaks. • Perform duties of a Safe Management Officer / Safe Distance OfficerSMO/SDO that include:
- To coordinate implementation of Safe Management Measures SMMs, which includes identifying relevant risks, recommending and assisting in implementing measures to mitigate the risks, and communicating the measures to all personnel working in the workplace.
- To conduct inspections and checks to ensure compliance at all times and to report and document any non-compliance found during the inspections.
- To take immediate action to remedy any non-compliance found during the inspections and checks.
CONTENTS of the Safe Management Officer Course
• Legislation on Covid-19: Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations 2020
• Establishing Safe Management Measures SMM through Risk Assessment
• Duties of Safe Management Officers SMOs
- Co-ordinate Implementation of Safe Management Measures SMMs
- Conduct Inspection and Checks by Safe Management Officer SMOs
- Remedying non-compliance found during Inspection and Checks
- Keeping records for Inspection and Checks
• Duties of Safe Distance Officers SDOs
- Assisting Safe Management Measures SMOs in implementing Safe Management Measures SMMs at worksites and dormitories
• Built Environment sector specific requirements and Safe Management Measures SMMs at worksites
• Safe Management Measures SMMs at dormitories
While Simply Safety does not do this Safe Management Officer Course for Construction Industry, we do conduct the Safe Management Measures Awareness Course
Safe Management Measures Awareness Course Overview
Learners will be able to understand:
The needs and objectives behind Safe Management Measures and the various requirements to be implemented for general workplace settings
Legal Requirements based on MOH, MTI and MOM
The roles and responsibilities of Safe Management Officer(s) (SMO) in implementing a Safe Management Measures Programme at workplaces.
The Government’s requirements for workplaces to implement upon resumption of economic activities after the Circuit Breaker period.
Safe Management Measures Awareness Course Outline
Needs and objectives behind Safe Management Measures
Purpose of the Safe Management Measures
Safe Management Officer(s)
The Government’s requirements for workplaces to implement upon resumption of economic activities Post Circuit Breaker Period.
Run down on Annex C Checklist of Safe Management Measures Required at the workplace for resumption of business activities
Delivery, Duration and Fees
This will be delivered via e-learning, access will be anytime/any day.
Over 1 hour of video walk-through
$35 per participant.
Back to Safe Management Measures