Updated: Oct 21
ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs.
Exxonmobil is of the largest foreign investors in Singapore with more than S$25 billion in assets, and have been operating in Singapore for more than 125 years, expanding from trading kerosene to a multi-billion dollar manufacturing and marketing presence today. Singapore serves as the Asia Pacific hub for our Downstream and Chemical businesses, and it is also home to ExxonMobil's largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex in the world.
Job Role Summary
What You Will Be Doing:
• Advise operating sites in the management of process safety risks and hazards associated with the processes, equipment and day to day operations
• Provide expert technical support to help drive site improvements, including:
• Review of key safety systems and recommending corrective actions,
• Support effective identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks and the tracking and completion of risk reduction activities in a timely manner, and
• Provide technical support (and leadership if called upon) in incident investigations
• Lead formal risk assessments / Process Hazard Analyses to identify and quantify risk associated with the operation of the facility
• Conduct process safety reviews, process safety-related studies / analyses, and support the development of related control measures for projects
• Provide advice and recommendations on the applicability and interpretation of both internal and external safety guidelines and standards
• Support operating site’s Risk Management Plans and provide technical support to safety and regulatory audits
What You Should Have:
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years of petrochemical/refining experience in one or more of the following areas: Safety, Operations, and / or Engineering Design
• Working experience with hazard identification, risk analyses and assessment methodologies (e.g. Hazard Identification (HAZID), Inherent SHE Review, PHAs)
• Working knowledge of industry codes, standards and practices relevant to process design and safety (e.g. ASME, API, NFPA, ANSI, etc.) and Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP)
• Understanding and experiences with risk scenario development techniques, including assignment of probabilities and consequences
• Working experience in the following areas will be an added advantage:
• Design, commissioning, start-up of a petrochemical facility.
• Utilization of consequence modelling tools (e.g. DNV PHAST).
• Controls and Protective System Design concepts and impact in risk assessments.
• Design and review of fire protection systems and expertise for firefighting strategies/tactics.
Please be write in directly to Exxonmobil or search for their job on line. Good luck